Windows Server 2008 is the new server software from Microsoft which is based on the codebase of Windows Vista. This article describes how to install Windows Server 2008.
Installing Windows Server 2008
Installing Windows Server 2008 is very easy as shown below.
1. Boot your computer from the Windows 2008 DVD.
2. Click Install Now
3. Select the Full Installation
version and click Next
4. Check I accept the license terms
and click Next
5. Click Custom (advanced)
6. Select the disk you want Windows Server to install to and click Next
7. Windows Server installer will now start the installation process.
You will be asked to change the Administrator user password must be changed on your first logon.
1. Click Ok
2. Enter a very strong password twice and click the right arrow button.
3. The password has been successfully changed. Click Ok
4. Windows Server 2008 has been successfully installed.